Tuesday 14 May 2013

The Definitive #celebrityspot List

OK, listen up, before I take my leave. In my first few days at the Gielgud I spotted a few celebrities and soon realised this would be a regular occurrence. I knew, at that rate, I'd be likely to forget all the famous names that I saw, so began keeping a list. I updated it every time another celeb was spotted, and here it is - the final list, ready for publication. Some of these I saw more than once. Some I worked with. For the purposes of clarity, if a name has an *asterisk by it, I saw the person randomly - usually because they came to the theatre to see a show, sometimes just on a street somewhere. Names without asterisks are those I saw deliberately - either by having a ticket to see them in a play or at an event, or because they were a member of a cast I worked with. Some I saw in both circumstances, and so they are starred or not depending on my first encounter with them. Capiche?

*drumroll please*


Simon Williams
Richard McCabe
Lorraine Chase*
Louie Spence*
Mark Rylance*
Mackenzie Crook*
Helen Lederer*
Ruby Wax
Fiona Bruce*
Chris Moyles*
Rory Bremner*
Chelsee Healey*
Ronni Ancona*
Brian Cox*
Bill Nighy?* (not sure, think it was him but it was passing on a street and I didn't like to stare)
Jonathan Ross*
Paloma Faith*
Angus Deayton*
Richard Curtis*
Graham Norton
Jennifer Saunders
Robin Williams
Elijah Wood
JLS (x4)
Betty Jackson
Joanna Lumley
Robert Lindsay
Stephen Wight
Graham Linehan
Marcia Warren
Katherine Parkinson*
James Fleet
Peter Capaldi
Ben Miller
Heston Blumenthal*
Rob Brydon*
Matt Berry*
Rowan Williams*
Reece Shearsmith*
Phyllida Law*
Sophie Thompson*
Dominic Cooper*
Andy Hamilton*
Claire Skinner*
Richard E Grant*
Danny Boyle*
Rowan Atkinson*
Sharon Gless
Gwyneth Strong
Robert Winston*
Alistair McGowan*
Alexei Sayle*
Rufus Hound*
Barbara Windsor*
Armando Iannucci*
Clive Anderson*
Robert Bathurst*
Janet Street-Porter*
Andrew Scott*
Alan Davies*
Darren Boyd*
David Mitchell*
Victoria Coren*
Zoe Wanamaker*
Anna Chancellor*
Ade Edmondson
Phill Jupitus
Neil Innes
Rowland Rivron
Richard Wilson*
Thandi Newton*
Jane Asher*
Lenny Henry*
Robbie Coltrane*
Steve Coogan*
Joe Tracini*
Romola Garai*
Gregor Fisher*
Jude Law*
Chris Addison*
Matt Lucas*
Rich Hall*
Roger Allam*
Greg Davies
Richard Osman
Patsy Kensit
Bob Mortimer
Lee Mack
David Tennant*
Celia Imrie
Robert Glenister
Alfred Molina*
Nicholas Hoult*
Griff Rhys-Jones*
Kate Middleton
Prince Harry
Prince William
Eric Bana*
Danny DeVito
Richard Griffiths
Russell Grant
Katy Brand
Stephen Fry*
Sue Perkins
Nickolas Grace
Rebecca Front
Jeremy Front
Nigel Havers*
Vangelis*
Esther Rantzen*
McFly x2* (don't ask me which ones)
Christopher Biggins*
Chris Hollins*
Ben Cross*
Alice Krige*
Nicholas Farrell*
Hugh Hudson*
John McCririck*
John Sessions*
Joely Richardson*
Honor Blackman*
Carey Mulligan*
Stephen Daldry*
Lulu!*
Melinda Messenger*
Charles Dance*
Martin Clunes*
Terence Stamp*
Tommy Steele*
Jessie Wallace*
Jason Manford*
Geri Halliwell*
Emma Bunton*
Mel C*
Dawn French*
Someone from Made in Chelsea*(? - God knows, I was told this was the case)
Oliver Ford-Davies
Princess Eugenie*
Lucy Montgomery
Noel Edmonds* (Not in London, but thought I'd include him anyway)
Roger Lloyd-Pack*
Frank Skinner*
Tim Rice*
Christopher Malcolm*
Conleth Hill
Ian Hislop*
Dame Helen Mirren
Robert Hardy
Paul Ritter
Haydn Gwynne
Helen Baxendale*
Alex MacQueen*
James Franco*
George Osborne*
Edward Fox
Freddie Fox*
Vicki Pepperdine
Jessica Hynes
Emma Pierson
Stephen Merchant*
Sheila Hancock*
Sheridan Smith*
David Milliband*
Richard Bacon*
Gemma Arterton*
Cilla Black*
Annie Lennox*
Ian McKellen*
Victoria Wood*
Russell Brand*
James McAvoy*
Joan Collins*
Nigella Lawson*
Richard Ayoade*
David Blunkett*
Nicholas Parsons*
Michael Crawford*
Luke Treadaway*

I thank ye.

No comments:

Post a Comment